“When I think about compelling presentations, I think about taking an audience on a journey. A successful talk is a little miracle—people see the world differently afterward.”
— Chris Anderson
Since 2011, TEDxDarwin has been providing our city with a platform for ideas worth spreading.
In 2011 and 2012 we put on events designed to inform, inspire, delight, provoke and challenge our audiences by showcasing the passion of a diverse group of speakers and performers aimed at building the capacity in our community to develop and explore new ideas. In addition, each year we have brought other TED and TEDx events into our city by live streaming talks from around Australian and the world.
With our first live event for 2016 just around the corner, we are working hard with our speakers to develop and refine their talks.
Call for speakers
TEDxDarwin is about passion, laughter, beauty, ingenuity and ideas with the power to change the world. TEDxDarwin is an opportunity to help make a difference by spreading new ideas and inspiring the community to help shape the future of Darwin and the Northern Territory.
The speaker roster has not yet closed. We are building a powerful and engaging program.
We are looking for:
- local voices that few have heard before
- people who can present their field in a new light
- perspectives that the global TED community may not have access to
- diverse demographics, ethnicities, backgrounds, subject matter.
Potential speakers could:
- be thinkers or doers, or both
- be performers in the arts, have an inspiring story or interesting life experiences to share
- be people who started innovative organisations, invented world-changing devices, created ground-breaking media, or pioneered social change
- have a new way of looking at things or done something that made a difference
- be you!
If you want the chance to share your idea or you know someone with an idea worth sharing, please nominate yourself or them now.
TEDxSydney at Charles Darwin University
Last Wednesday Charles Darwin University played host to one of 287 Satellites tuning into TEDxSydney 2016 from around Australia and the world. It was a truly fabulous day, and a small group enjoyed the program of talks, performances and films.
As an attendee of TEDxSydney in 2015, I can honestly say the next best thing to being in the Concert Hall at the Sydney Opera House was joining the TEDxSydney community through a Satellite at Charles Darwin University.
We look forward to hosting TEDxSydney again in 2017.
TEDxDarwin is a not-for-profit event and will depend on the generosity of a lot of people. It takes the dedication of a great bunch of people to make each event a success. We call this bunch of people the TEDxDarwin Crew.
If you are interested in getting involved, register your interest here.