TEDxDarwin is an independent TEDx event operated under exclusive licence from TED by People Sharing Ideas Inc (“PSI”).
All entrants are expected to fully abide by the rules of the TEDxDarwin Youth Challenge (the “Challenge”) video competition listed below.
TEDxDarwin reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that violates these rules.
1. The Challenge is only open to entrants who are living in the Northern Territory of Australia and are under the age of 26 years on the day the Challenge closes for submissions.
2. Entrants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the entry form.
3. Entrants must be available to present their idea at the TEDxDarwin event on 6 August 2011 at the NT Museum Theatrette.
4. Video entries must be in English.
5. The entry video must meet the following content restrictions:
- the entry video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous;
- the entry video must not contain offensive language or any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- the entry video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the Northern Territory or the jurisdiction where the video is created.
6. Video entries must less than 5 minutes. Additionally, every entrant will be asked to begin their video with a short (less than 20 seconds) introduction of him/herself, including their name, age and where they are from – city/town.
7. All entries must be in one of the following formats .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, or .MPG. Videos can contain music and animations. However, the Entrant must not use music that violates copyrights.
How to submit a video:
8. All Entrants must submit an Entry Form (remember Entrants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the entry form). Entry Forms can be emailed with your video (see address below) or a scanned copy of the signed Entry Form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. You can submit a video in two ways:
(a) you can post a copy of your entry video to:
c/-TEDxDarwin Youth Challenge
GPO Box 4592
DARWIN NT 0801
(b) you can upload your video to YouTube. Videos are to be uploaded and marked as private until after the winner or winners are announced. Please share your video with “TEDxDarwin”. For information on uploading and sharing private videos, click here.
Dates and Deadlines:
10. The Challenge closes for submissions: 5:00 pm CST, Monday 27 June 2011.
11. Winners will be announced on Sunday, 3 July 2011.
12. The Winner(s) will be:
- given the opportunity to influence the world by sharing and expanding on their idea on the stage of TEDxDarwin on 6 August 2011. Their talk will be recorded and uploaded to the TEDx YouTube Channel.
- Showcased on the TEDxDarwin website and social media pages.
Judging and Judging Criteria:
13. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges from the organising committee of TEDxDarwin.
14. Entry videos will be judged against the following criteria:
- How well the idea has been expressed and explained; and
- The originality or innovative-ness of the idea.
15. License – By entering the Challenge, the entrant grants a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to People Sharing Ides Inc to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of any photograph or video submitted. Any photograph or video reproduced will give credit to the creator. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to PSI the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Challenge. PSI will not be required to pay any fee or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
16. Limitation of Liability – By entering the contest, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless PSI and its representatives from any claims, losses, and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in this Challenge.
17. Data Privacy – Entrants agree that their name, age, city/town may be used during the Challenge and otherwise as stated in these Rules. The data may also be used by PSI to verify the participant’s identity or eligibility to participate in the contest.
Back to the Description